Thursday, February 8, 2007

Strat-O-Blogster Guitar Blog

Okay, so I'm going to blog another guitar blog. I like guitars. I can't help myself. The Strat-O-Blogster guitar blog (named after the Fender Stratocaster, for those not so guitar-literate), is self-proclaimed as the worlds most ridiculous guitar blog. It is a filter blog linking to "ridiculous" guitars and "ridiculous" guitarists. However, some of the entries take on a more journal-like character. There is also an emphasis on videos, with links to youtube videos and the like.

The sidebars of the blog are full of links to guitar-related material, and there is an extensive guitar-driven blogroll as well.

This blog seems to be mostly of the informative nature, although both self-expression and reputation building attributes are there as well. This blog seems more focused on the guitar as an instrument, rather than the people who play it. The blog author's intentions appear to be to provide information and generally cool stuff for guitar enthusiasts to drool over. Worked for me. Check out the guitar security vault featured in Wed. Feb. 7th's post. Very cool.

The content is largely gear driven, in that it is focused on equipment for guitar players. The author usually provides some commentary, which is sometimes quite extensive. This blog seems to be of the personal nature as well, maintained by one individual. It is consistent with its posts, posting daily on most occasions.

All in all, a very cool guitar blog, at least for my tastes. I am more interested in guitars and gear. I already am familiar with many great guitar players that are featured by bloggers. However, I can't get enough gear talk, and can always learn more about what other guitarists are using or what's new.

No comments: